Wednesday, August 17, 2011

To Market, to Market - to by a bunch of cucumbers!

The Minneapolis Farmer's Market has been quoted to be the largest in the midwest. Now, I don't know if that's true, but it sure is big!  I think there are 5 (very long) permanent red tents that make way for a large selection of locally grown (and some imported) fruits and veggies. Then there are more tents that are set up by the vendors themselves.
 

 This past Sunday was my first official trip when the market was going on.  I have been to the location before, but only to park for the Twins' game since Target Field was so close! 
Oops!  Honestly, I didn't see this sign there that day!
My trip was awesome. Although I could have done without the heat, I came home with a bunch of cucumbers, tomatoes and strawberries.  I could have bought a ton more, but I didn't know exactly what I was going to do with everything. My friend Jessica Malone joined me - well, actually SHE drove ME.  The farmer's market is on my list of places to go again (at least a few more times) before they close up in late September.  And, of course, Jess and I have major plans to tackle some canning with all our produce, too.  I am enjoying the TC, but apartment living doesn't leave much room for a garden and I do love to can.  At least I have a ton of options from the Farmer's Market this year and they are all pretty affordable.

1 comment:

  1. Fun! I wish we had a farmer's market in close driving distance...GF is a little far away for a quick trip, but I'm going to try and go once this fall!

    ReplyDelete