Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Home Sweet Home

This past weekend I was fortunate enough to travel to God's Country (yes, a nickname I stole from another blogger, but I really like the sound of the name for the area I'm from) to visit family, friends and do some job shadowing.  I spent Friday in the clinic - very interesting, as always - and the rest of the weekend was spent on call - and somehow, I never once got called in - crazy to me!  The weekend also happened to be the infamous "International Woodcarver's Festival and Lake Bronson Days" so I spent most of my day on Saturday driving back and forth to make sure I got to take in all the festivities.  That evening was a street dance, which is always fun in small towns and then I headed back to the big city to start my new job on Monday.  Yesterday brought a full, long day of hospital orientation, which I honestly don't mind.  I have, however, been to 3 hospital orientations now and they are all the same, but what do you do....today, I had MORE orientation and Thursday - still more.  Other than that we have had a new roommate move in, the hubby will be taking his surgery SHELF exam on Friday (which signifies the end of one rotation) and he will start a new one on Monday!!  We may venture to the family cabin this weekend but plans aren't in stone yet. Tonight I am focusing on my goal to clean out a cupboard - I think it's due soon?! 

No comments:

Post a Comment