Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Concentrating on 1-3 Goals

Having a clear focus on 1-3 goals is much easier than having a ton (which I always do)....so I will focus on 1-3 main goals and 2 mini goals at a time.  I will write them down (for the whole world to see - yikes!) in hopes that it helps me achieve my goals faster and more productively.  It is suggested that your goals should be in order of prioritization and allow for change if your goals shift.

Goal One - Study and take the MCAT.  I am struggling with a timeline on this one and that is something you are suppose to have.  The thing is, I need to get a great score.  The last test date in 2011 is September 10th.....exactly a month and a week away.  It's doable, but I need to make sure I get a great score, so if my practice tests aren't showing a good score I need to wait until spring. 

Goal Two - Lose 25lbs by my cousin Lea's wedding.  Totally doable.  Her wedding is October 1, 2011.  It's a little over 2lbs a week. 

Okay, that's it - those are my main goals for now.  I have so many more to add to the list, but I really want to accomplish them so I'm going to devote my time to these for now (and my mini goals).

Mini Goals (Doll definition - goals that can be completed in a a day or a couple of hours)

Mini Goal 1 - clean cupboards and make room for roommate's stuff.  This shouldn't be that bad, I've just been procrastinating and not doing it yet.  Due Date - Wednesdy August 10th.

Mini Goal 2 - Organize my scrapbooking stuff. Needs to be done!!  Real bad.  It's all over our room and I love it, but i can't find anything anyway.  Due Date - Tuesday August 16.

Mini Goal 3 - Clean and organize our closets.  Enough said ;) Due Date - Monday August 22nd.

Okay, scary enough to write them down.  Tomorrow - a schedule, but I've already started....have you??

No comments:

Post a Comment