Saturday, August 20, 2011

10 Things

As I've mentioned before, I love reading blogs.  I know I'm stealing this idea from a few blogs I currently follow, but it's such a fun and positive way to start out the day (especially with my rant and rave yesterday), so I am going to tell you about 10 things that make me happy right now (in no particular order).

1.)  Tailors! I'm short, I've always been super short and will continue to be short - I'm pretty sure I'm done growing.  So, I love tailors because I just bought 2 new pairs of dress pants and will need them to be hemmed.  I should learn to do this myself.  I can sew, but it's easier right now to let someone else do it for me - especially since I paid so much money for my dress pants - I'd hate to screw it up!

2.) Iced Raspberry Tea - I have told you about my love affair with Caribou Coffee before, yes?  Well, if not, I'm obsessed, but it's an expensive habit, so instead I have made my own form of my favorite tea.  I just brew lipton black tea, place it in the fridge overnight and add some sugar free raspberry flavoring to it in the morning with some ice cubes (also made from tea, see this gal's blog for the idea).  It's delicious and especially nice on these hot mornings of summer!

3.) Cucumbers - they are in season and they are my all time favorite veggie!

4.) Air Conditioning - seriously, I dont't know how people survived without it for so long.  Yes, it's still hot here.

5.) Blogs - really, they are one of my favorite things!  Can't you tell?

6.) Bonfires - I am about to enjoy one this evening - can't wait!

7.) Thunderstorms - but not on the night that I enjoy my bonfire, obviously ;)

8.) A good book, currently "Toxin" by Robin Cook - nothing beats a good novel.

9.)  Farmer's Market Flowers - can't wait to buy me a bunch of them...only $5 for a HUGE bouquet that would easily cost $20 in the store.

10.) My husband, without him my life would just not be as wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment