Sunday, September 18, 2011

Fall Foliage Road Trips - North Eastern States

Yes, another post about Fall.  It's my favorite time of the year.  I wish it lasted twice as long! 

If I haven't previously mentioned this - I love going for drives...nice long drives, road trips - anything involving a car, me and preferably someone else I can talk to - oh and a good CD mix or book on CD, those are good too!  And some great snacks - or at least a Caribou Coffee within stopping distance ;) 

Anyway, I decided to combine a few of my favorite things - road trips and Fall into a post about the places in the US that are considered to have the best Fall Foliage.  After I got going, I decided that I needed to cut it down into just a post about the Northeastern states today.  Though I'm sure I won't find a Caribou Coffee joint out East, I will probably find a ton of Apple Cider, Fresh Maple Syrup, Carmel Apples and other hot awesome Fall drinks!

Maine, Vermont, New York, Connecticut, and New Hampshire

 
This is Maine.  What I love most about the Eastern States (even though I've yet to go) is the coastal views and all the lighthouses!  My mom use to have a ton of lighthouses and it was a theme in our house for a long time. 


This is in Barton,Vermont.  This is exactly the picturesque view I imagine when I think of fall and a driving through the countryside. It reminds me a lot of home because on our farm we have a road that is covered by trees on both sides just like this.


Upstate New York...........doesn't it look just like the Boundary Waters of Minnesota?  I have a friend who has a cabin in Upstate New York and that's exactly how she describes it.  I'm sure urban New York has some pretty fall colors too, but this takes the cake for me - it's more my style!

Trees outside the White Silo Winery

Litchfield Hills, Connecticut is famous for its' fall foliage.  And I can see why! Connecticut also has the Wine Trail, which comprises 24 different vineyards and wineries within CT. It's so cool that it definitely deserves its' own post. ;)



New Hampshire and their White Mountains!  I love Mountains too - pair it with some beautiful autumn colors and the view doesn't get any better!




No comments:

Post a Comment