Monday, September 12, 2011

Canning, Football, Friends, Fun!!

My weekend was filled with fun.  I'm exhausted!  Friday night, I canned dill pickles (read bout it here). Saturday morning I woke up at 5:10am and headed to the farmer's market for my produce to can some salsa!  Yum!!!  And it was so much fun - and lots of work.  I have a bunch of pictures, but they are on my friend's camera so you will have to wait to see them until tomorrow or something.  We canned ALL DAY!  Then Sunday we made raspberry rhubarb jelly and rhubarb muffins.  Sunday afternoon we headed to a friend's house for some Vikings football and even though we didn't win, it was still a wonderful time!  Our host made bbq ribs, corn muffins, cucumber salad - wow!  I ended the night reading a book - all in all, successful, fun filled weekend!!

And I made a new friend - and we are going to start a book club!  I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment