Saturday, September 10, 2011

Dill Pickles!!!

I love Fall.  I love Fall for so many reasons.  One of these reasons is because it's canning season.  Today Jessica Malone and I canned - dill pickles!  It was my first time canning pickles myself and Jess's first time ever.  For a couple of newbies, we did pretty well!  I can't wait to taste them in 4 weeks when they will be completely finished.  Here are a few of our pictures to document our adventure:

Washing cucumbers - with a brand new toothbrush, no worries ;)



Beautiful garlic!

All Clean and Ready to be canned!


Jess, stuffing jars!

 
Me, stirring the pot

Filling Jars with Vinegar solution

Final Product! 2 dozen quarts - well almost!

 We have been preparing for salsa and pasta sauce tomorrow!  Stay tuned for pics of our adventures tomorrow :)

2 comments: