Monday, October 24, 2011

DIY: Jolly Rancher Vodka

It's that time of year again - Holiday Season!  I love it - every stressful aspect of it!  Each year I get better and start shopping earlier for Christmas Gifts. This year I'm making lots of homemade gifts.  One of which is Flavored Vodka.  I don't have a lot of friends that LOVE vodka, but I know a couple special gals who will really love this fruity treat.  It's pretty simple to do - but I added pictures just to make it a bit more fun :)

Ingredients you need:
1. Vodka (I used Karkov)

2. Jolly Ranchers (about 12 per 8oz of vodka)

3. Some sort of storing device (I chose this pretty flasks from The Container Store)



Step 1:
Wash your containers!  No need to sterilize them though, you are putting vodka in them :)


Step 2:
Separate out your jolly ranchers by flavor/color.


Step 3:
Insert separated jolly ranchers into appropriate containers!!  Remember: about 12 ranchers per cup!


Step 4:
Fill flasks with vodka until almost full!

Step 5:
Shake them up every few days. The jolly ranchers will dissolve on their own and your vodka should be ready within a week! 

When it gets closer to Christmas I will show you how I decorate the bottles for gifts :)

The Vodka just hours after it's prepared...already dissolving!

No comments:

Post a Comment