Saturday, October 8, 2011

Book Review: Toxin

So I actually finished this book a LONG time ago - I just kind of forgot to write my review about it.  I've read a few books since then. Jaycee Dugard's "A Stolen Life" and, okay, so maybe only one.  Man, I have to get on that! Remember when I said I needed to finish my "Summer Reading List". Well, this book was on it!

Toxin by Robin Cook was awesome.  I recommend it to everyone.  It started out scary and scientific and brought in a ton of emotion with a love story and played on parental instincts (or not, since I don't have any :-P ).  I cried.  I don't actually remember laughing - it's not really a funny book.  It made me not want to eat meat for awhile though.  It is about an E.Coli outbreak at a fast food restaurant (and no, it isn't a true story ~ although, it could be!!). I really don't want to spoil it for anyone.  I will just say that it makes me appreciate hunting and slaughtering my own meat! Or my husband doing it..hehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment