Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Taco Pasta Salad

So I'm on a little bit of a food kick here.  Last night I made Taco Pasta Salad - recipe via Pinterest of course! Anyway, another hit :)  Hubby said "So I think you should be keeping track of these recipes and we can put them in a hat and draw out the week's meals once we get a big pile of them" :-)  So he likes 'em!

I made this tonight - SO GOOD!  will be adding it to the mix :)

Ingredients: 
1 lb browned hamburger seasoned with 1 package of taco seasoning
1 box of rotini noodles, cooked and drained
1 small can of black olives, drained
1-2 tomatoes, chopped
1/2 onion, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
1 bottle Western Salad dressing (I used Light)
Optional 2 cups shredded cheese (I forgot this)

Mix all together and enjoy!   We ate it warm.  Recipe technically says to eat cold, so I assume it will be delicious both ways.  Hubby ate his over a bed of lettuce and I ate mine plain, so again, tons of options with it! I loved it because it was a super easy one pot meal (Kind of, I had to brown the hamburger separate I guess) but overall, it was one pot once it was prepped and it was delicious and we have leftovers for tonight! 

Oh yes, and recipe also called for sriracha sauce OR Western dressing.  I don't like things TOO spicy so we opted for the dressing.  

1 comment:

  1. YUMM!! Thanks for the recipe! I'm definitely going to try it!

    ReplyDelete