Monday, July 18, 2011

Weekend Re-Cap

I had the best weekend.  Friday evening the hubby and I went to Teresa's Mexican Restaurant in Mendota Heights.  I thought it was delicious.  I had tres Marias and the cheese sauce was awesome.  I also indulged in a daiquiri (which was so big I couldn't finish) and I thought it was delicious.  The hubby thought it was too syrupy though, so I guess it's really a hit or miss depending on your taste buds.  Then we went home and I slept  - and slept - and slept.  I think I fell asleep around 8pm and woke up around 4:30am Saturday morning.  It was much needed though and I wish I could go back to sleep right now.  There was a huge storm all Friday night/early Saturday morning and the skies did not look like they were going to clear up for my tubing adventure.  Instead, the girls and I headed to Rochester anyway, met up with my sister-in-law and went to a burger joint called Newts.  Again, delicious food!  I was quite spoiled this weekend because I got to indulge in a lot of delicious cuisine.  On our way back from Rochester we stopped at the Cannon River Winery in Cannon Falls, MN.  It just so happened to be their wine and art fair this weekend too!! Lucky us!  We paid $5 and got to try 3 different types of wine.  My favorite was Winter Ice - and then I looked at the price of the bottle $45!  I think I'll stick to my barefoot wine for now ;)  It was tasty and light too - the perfect dessert wine.  We hustled back so some of the girls could go to the HP-72 movie. Who knew that movies were going to be getting abbreviations like that.  To me, it seems like a listing of some sort of gene that I'd study in school ;).  The other girls and myself went to Jen's apartment and swam and gussied ourselves up for a night on the town at Toby Keith's I Love this Bar and Grill.  It was a fun night filled with lots of laughter and old stories :)  Sunday brought on another heat wave and a much needed trip to another local ice cream shop.  My friend Jess LOVES ice cream and so I do, so I know exactly who to call when I want an ice cream fix.  This time we ventured Izzy's Ice Cream Shop  in St. Paul.  It was delicious!  They even have black licorice ice cream, which is my mother-in-law's favorite, so I can't wait to bring her there.  They make their own waffle cones and they have what they call the "Izzy Scoop" which is a watermelon ball size scoop of ice cream (of your choice of flavor) on top of your regular scoop of ice cream that you already chose. It's like a sample of a new flavor ;)  Sunday afternoon we had friends come over for swimming and pizza and then at 8pm I had a softball game in St. Louis Park.  Overall, awesome weekend - hoping this week flies by because Saturday is a wedding in Rochester and Sunday I'm going to attempt to tube..again!  Wishing you a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment