Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Telling Hubby's Parents

We had sooo much fun telling our parents the exciting news!  We saw the hubby's parents last Monday (March 5th).  We bought them the cutest mugs (okay I'm a little biased, but I do think they are adorable!!) from www.tumbleweedpottery.com.  Since they are my hubby's parents, he got to pick out the type of mugs and he chose:

Ceramic Word Mugs - POPPY   and MEMAW 

So they hubby is in med school (in case you completely missed the name of my blog or haven't ever read it before) and he listens to a lot of lectures on CD.  One of the guys he listens to is named Goulian and in his lectures he has told the students that his grandkids call him Poppy.  Memaw comes from the popular sitcom "The Big Bang Theory".  Sheldon calls his grandma Memaw.  I think it's also a Southern Culture type name, but I'm from the North so I really can't say for sure ;)  Anyway, we went to their house for dinner and I had wrapped up the gifts in black paper with green and blue bows. My father in law had to work late so we visited with his mom until he came home.  I don't ever feel like our conversations are forced or awkward, but I wanted so very badly to share our news and instead we were talking about diets.  My MIL is an associate director for a weight loss center in Rochester and she is very excited about their products (as she should be, she's lost a ton of weight!) Anyway, we visited about diets for like 2 hours and the whole time I'm thinking "there's no way I'm going to be able to diet for at least another 7 months....hurry up dad!" When he finally arrived, I barely let him get in the door before I said "Okay, I want you to open these present, right now!"  So they did, and my MIL looked at her coffeemug that said "Memaw" and said something to the effect of "oh that's so cute, sweet, now I have a new mug for my tea...etc".  I don't think she saw the "Grandparent" part ans since we don't commonly call our Grandparents Memaw I don't think it was second nature to her.  So I pointed out the name across the top of the box and she exclaimed "Really?!  Really?!.." and then there were tears and other wonderful words of excitement!  It was so fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment