Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Rest in Peace Grandpa Jack

So with a weary heart I write this ironic post.  My beloved Grandpa passed away unexpectedly this evening from a heart attack.  I can't believe it.  Just last Monday I was writing about the one year anniversary of my Grandma's death.  I guess she didn't want to be alone on Thanksgiving this year and now Grandpa can join her. He was an amazing Grandpa.  He always had a story for me - and told lots of stories about hunting and his days on the road and in Alaska.  I remember our trips gopher trapping and how I picked out a stick one day that I carried with me every time we trapped.  He still has it.  I'm anxious to find it and see what it looks like today.  He was always laughing.  He always wore snap button up flannel shirts too - because real buttons take too long ;). He was a cornerstone of one of the best hunting camps a person could every dream of. My Grandma was the love of his life and my mom was the light of his eye and my siblings and I were the warmth in his heart. It comforts me to know he is finally reunited with my Grandma even though my heart will always ache for him. Rest in Peace my Dear Grandpa, you will be forever missed and forever in my heart.

Grandpa Jack Coffield
June 15, 1937-November 22, 2011

Randali Watson 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for allowing us to be a part of Saturday, and remembering your grandpa's life. He was such a great guy. It was so good to see you, next time let's make it on a happy occasion!

    ReplyDelete