Sunday, April 28, 2013

Weekend Run Down!

Whew!  What a weekend!!  It's still Sunday, so it's technically not over, though I did have to work today.  I'm not complaining though because I was only there until about 3pm so I still have all afternoon/evening. 

We've had a wonderful weekend.  We started out on Friday by packing (like crazy) all of our stuff....okay, so that part of the day wasn't so fun, but anyway...we ended the evening on a River Boat Cruise down the Mississippi for an end of the year party put on by the U of M. We had a great time, although I think the music was a tad too loud.  I like to hear myself talk :)  They served hors'devours that were delicious too.  I just love social events with our friends!

Saturday we moved all of our stuff.  I was a little nervous because I was thinking it was going to take ALL day and that were weren't quite prepared (which we weren't) but overall it went fantastic.  The hubby's brother is a professional mover so he knew exactly what/where/why/when/how to get it all done.  He was the brains of the operation and had a lot of the muscle - we were super grateful he was there to do it! The whole process took about 3 hours.  Then we went out to the 5-8 Club for the famous Juicy Lucy's.  Delicious!  We came back home and sent out guests/helpers/free labor on their way and took a family nap.  Then, we went on a walk, ate some ice cream and watched some Downton Abbey...LOVE! 

Today, like I previously said, I worked but am hoping we will get to go on another walk this evening and I have a coffee date scheduled with a friend.  My mom is also coming down to watch babygirl for us while I work tomorrow and Tuesday.  This week will fly by - at least I kind of hope anyway because I don't have a real bed to sleep in. 

I saw this the other day on Pinterest and just love it....

2 comments:

  1. "We had a great time, although I think the music was a tad too loud." How old are you again?! haha, kidding! :) So fun to read about your big move!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHA! Well it probably wouldn't have been too bad, but there was no ? subwhoofer ? See I didn't want to type that into the original post because I'm not very techy and have no idea what it means or what it does - just that everyone kept saying the music would have been better with one. :) And you know me 'I like to hear myself talk'! Haha - I love you read your blog too - glad everything with baby is going well. Hope to see you soon!

      Delete